Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Smell of Helga's Perfume

It's 630ish in the morning and, after an almost hour long Vajrasattva meditation, the painful ringing in my ear made me crawl back to bed. Why am I such a freak about meditating, you might ask? Two reasons: I desperately want to appear to be cooler than you and, because I'm kidding about the whole cool vis-à-vis.

In all seriousness, meditation sets your ideas straight and pulls you back into your core so you can get your shit together. Don't question my words, Google those who know and question theirs: B. Allan Wallace, Robert F. Thurman, Lama Ole, His Holiness the Dalai Lama or Google Casa Tibet (Spanish) or Tibet House (English) for a complete low down.

In other stories: As I crawled back in bed in awful, awful, gut-wrenching pain, I heard my email's dingy-dong alert with a link to a blog. Here's an excerpt: "I'll admit that casual sex for me is a total defense mechanism in order to experience intimacy without risking emotional detriment. I'd so much rather be fucked than fucked with."

The point of the story is that after going against her instincts, she trusts this dude who, in two weeks dumps her (see link below for complete story).

People of my generation: WTF is up with us? What the fuck did our parents and our exes do to us to behave so cowardly in the face of love? Better yet, what is it that we seemingly can't get over, that caused us to play silly games for the sake of attention? Is it greed? Is it fear of being vulnerable? If our generation keeps this shit up, we will all end up as old, bitter people living in a nursing home or a geriatric unit talking about our great conquests, the great sexcapades and go into full details about all the pretties in our beds. Yet, at night, we will be put to sleep my a nurse who wears trashy shades of green and pink eye shadows, whose name tag might read Helga or Betty. Her cheap perfume mixed in with the hospital's pinesol will be enough to make us drown in silent tears. As we cry in silence, Helga or Sue or Betty, will be our source for our good night kiss, instead of that one gorgeous soul we chose to resist... For fear of loving them.

And then we wonder why the f u c k our country is being shaped the way it is? Seriously, think of the traits of our generation when it comes to love and peace and all those other cliche new age isms we so desperately seek deep inside. Now, ask yourself this: How can we practice world peace, in the blantly obvious absence of inner peace?

We're fucked People. There is no amount of Lexapro, shrinks and sexcapades that will cure this unless we all collectively choose to get our shit together.

Read the entire all-to-common story and barf at how broken we are:

Our generation sort of sucks