Friday, November 16, 2012

Addicted to dreams

Those addicted to dreams, like many of the characters that people Kafka's works -like Franz Kafka himself by his own admission- are often unfit for life. He succeeded, managing well as a writer who mined his dreams to enrich the "other" world, (known to most of us as the real world). But obviously failed to live in reality.

Come to think about it, Kafka is his stories. Not in the sense that they are intentionally autobiographical but that they are spun from those thoughts and dreams that result from a horror of life. His stories are an arsenal in which a pomegranate may in fact be a hand Granade-

I wish I had the ability to become my own stories but I don't think I live deeply enough. I find myself whisking my thoughts away when emotions get in the way- I prefer neutrality & I need to stop this before I begin to stop loving & living.